
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Didn't blog for a long time..
Tired after school hours..
First day of work yesterday
Well it wasn't that bad
Didn't encounter much problem and the work is not very tiring
Now need to recognize the pastas more and know more about them
Watching American Idol results show now~
It's a charity special show so they are combining the results show with charity..
They only have simple singing performance yet I find their aim to gather money for charity is more convincing compared to Singapore's charity show where theres many different performance and even life-risking performance.
They are gathering money for children in need ,families affected by poverty and the people in Africa
The living conditions of the people in Africa is really bad..
14 people living in a house only the size of a tent...
Also sick people that did not have proper treatment and passed away just like that
Many of the children are HIV positive inherited from their parents..
Also malaria in Africa kills a child every 30 seconds
We are fortunate enough to be living in comfortable conditions
They managed to raise 30million USD so far and its still rising
They are much more effective in bringing the message to the audience compared to Singapore
Yes, its true that they have a larger population there but 30 million USD is still an amazing sum of money compared to the population
Even I feel like donating if I have the ability to but Singapore charity shows never seems to make me feel like donating more
Lol..not trying to say that Singapore charity shows are bad but in my opinion,
I find that American are more effective with these shows or at least for this charity show I am watching now
Haven seen other charity shows from America before though
For Singapore charity shows,
I just dun like the fact that they do life-risking stunts to raise donations..
It's like trying to gain sympathy from us or at least thats how I feel about it.
They don't need to do all these life-risking stunts...
All they need to do is show us that they are really sincere
Lol..What came into me..
Keep talking about charity..
Haha I guess I'll stop here then